Cail & Fletcher vertical crystalliser
In the modern sugar industry, it is essential to maximize sugar recovery. The vertical cooling crystalliser maximizes the exhaustion of molasses, reducing its purity by cooling the massecuite.
Optimized pay back
The purity drop achieved in molasses is between 5 and 10 points.
The exhaustion is maximized by a combined control of massecuite viscosity and cooling temperature.
The electricity consumption is lowered (0.03 to 0.05 kWh/tc).
A low temperature difference is kept between massecuite and water (10°C).
The cooling tubes are fixed and welded outside the equipment (preventing possible leak in the massecuite).
The massecuite cools down to 40°C in one single equipment (with one single drive system).
A planetary gear drive is fitted to the equipment.
The system is clean with no hydraulics.
It is a vertical system with small foot print.
There is no cascade cooling (one single unit), compared to horizontal crystallisers.
The heat exchange coefficient is high and S/V optimised for each project.
- Cail & Fletcher SUMO and ROTA massecuite pumps
- Cail & Fletcher massecuite reheater
- Cail & Fletcher ZUKA® batch centrifugal
- Cail & Fletcher D412 batch centrifugal
- Cail & Fletcher FC1300/FC1550 continuous centrifugal
- Cail & Fletcher STG continuous centrifugal
- Cail & Fletcher Hydrotrac probe
- Cail & Fletcher Monotrac probe